Happy Mother's Day

Words could never come close to expressing the love and respect I have for my mother. She is my hero, my idol, my best friend. My world would be incomplete without her. Happy Mother's day to all you mothers.



Thank You God

For pretending not to notice that on of Your angels
is missing and for guiding her to me.
You must have known how much I would need her, so
You turned Your head for a minute and allowed
her so slip away to me.
Sometimes I wonder what special name You had for her.
I call her “Mother.”
To think of not having her with me is unbearable. I don’t know
what I would have done without her all these years.
She has loved me without reservation—whether
I deserved to be loved or not.
Willingly and happily, she has fed me, clothed me, taught me
encouraged me, inspired me, and with her own special
brand of gentleness, reprimanded me.
A bit of heaven’s own blue, her eyes reflect hope and love for
You and her family. She has tried to instill that love in us.
She’s not the least bit afraid of work. With her constant
scrubbing, polishing, painting, and fixing,
she has made every house we’ve lived in a beautiful home.
When I am confused, she sets me straight. She knows what matters
and what doesn’t, what to hold on to and what to let go.
You have given her and endless supply of
love. She gives it away freely yet never seems to run low.
Even before I am aware I have a need,
she is making plans and working to supply it.
You gave her great patience; she is the bester listener I have met.
With understanding and determination she always
seems to turn a calamity into some kind of success.
She urges me to carry my own load in life but
is always close by if I stumble under the burden.
She hurts when I hurt. She cries when I cry. And she will not
be happy until she has seen a smile on my face once more.
Although she has taught me to pray, she has
never ceased to invoke Your richest blessings upon me.
Thank the other angles for filling in for her while she is away.
I know it hasn’t been easy. Her shoes would be hard to fill.
She has to be one of Your greatest miracles, God, and I want to
thank You for lending my mother to me.

Comments

Brittany said…
What a sweet tribute to your mom!
That would be fun to get together for some crafty time! I definatly have some things I need to work on. Send me an e-mail and we wil exchange numbers and get something planned! britalit1018@yahoo.com
Skylette said…
How cute. I love that phone of all of you in your matching p.j.'s! :)
Unknown said…
What phone?? hehehe:)

Tell your momma I say diddo. Your mom is so awesome Hay and what a perfect letter to let her know that!

Popular posts from this blog

Character Dinner Disneyworld

Maycie's Blessing Day/Mother's Day