Mother's Day


Never have I understood the true and honest meaning of mother’s day until I became a mother myself. I now respect my beautiful mother more than any single person in my life. She has taught me how to care, to love, and be passionate about life. I learn from her every single day in so many different ways.
Growing up, my mom attended every dance recital, every volleyball game and out of town tournaments, basketball games, softball games, helped me get dressed for all the dances, first dates, and saw me off to college where I cried like a baby the entire first week because I didn’t want to be away from my mom. I will always remember her saying “If it is not better in a week, I will come back and get you.” I think that is the only reason I actually stayed in Boise, and of course I am so happy I did. I am sure she is too. My mom supported me six years through college where I complained and stressed maybe just a little too much. She has always been there for me, no matter what was going on in my life.
My mom has always provided my sisters and me with the gift of travel. It is in our blood. If you know my mom, you know why we each have the itch to go on a vacation every few months. We have been fortunate enough to go on many vacations together, including cruises, Hawaii, the Bahamas, and places that include a beach. These vacations have the fondest memories for me. Never a dull moment on these trips and I will treasure the memories forever. I can’t wait to include my own daughter in on these vacations and make memories for her to keep forever.
Throughout my 25 years of life, I have made mistakes, said things I shouldn’t have, not been the best person I could be. I have always been able to go to my mother even though at times I know she wished I wouldn’t have. But no matter what, she was there for me, really there for me. She has gotten me through the roughest of times, and always been there in the best of times.
I swear my mom is now getting younger. Her passion for life is increasing. She is traveling more than ever. She has better friends than ever and is truly finding herself. She is an inspiration to me and I strive to be like her. I could never ask for more in a mother and I hope to be half the mother to my daughter as she was and is to my sisters and me. She is my role model, my best friend, and my hero. I love you mom. Happy Mother’s Day. Thanks for everything!

Comments

Browning Buzz said…
You do have a wonderful, supportive mother! She is so kind and generous and always goes the extra mile! How blessed you are to have Jeanie as your mom!!!
Anonymous said…
your parent's are smokin'!! i miss both of them and i am so glad we have meet your loving family!

Popular posts from this blog

Character Dinner Disneyworld

Maycie's Blessing Day/Mother's Day