Baaaad Roses!

So last night as the last class of the Wilton Course One and lets just say...It was not a good one for me! First, I left my cake out in the car all day before hand which happened to be the hottest day of the year thus far, so my cake is basically twice bakes and the frosting all melted. Then I had a difficult time making the roses...they are not my forte at all. I think the gal who teaches the class spend the majority of the class with me becuase I was soooooo bad at making the roses. I am pretty sure she does not want me as a student any longer. Lucky her, Course II starts next week. Wahoo for her! Then after the class on the way home, I made a turn and the cake fell over. That is sad. So that is why it looks so bad...and I am so very sad. I will never make a rose cake!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think there great roses!
Brittany said…
Oh Haylie, you are too hard on yourself! I think the roses turned out great!
I know this is not what you want to hear, but now that you know how to do it, you just have to practice and you will get better. :) My dad makes wedding cakes and I always remember him making those frosting flowers of all kinds and we would always eat the leftovers...no wonder we have weight issues. ;) I think it's awesome that you are taking classes to learn how to do that, though. I don't know that I would ever have the patience.

Popular posts from this blog

Character Dinner Disneyworld

Maycie's Blessing Day/Mother's Day