Icing on the Cake!

Here is my cake from my first decorating class...lets just say, mine would not have one a prize if we were being judged on our cake production; however, I did not think I was going to even be able to complete this cake. I think it turned out good for MY first one...I now know this is not my calling in life...but I love it anyway.
So DARN IDAHO...I was in my class last night...and come out at 8:45 to find my car covered in snow and the wind blowing like crazy, snow flying in my face. My sisters and I were going to my mom's just down the street to show her our wonderful artistry, but my gas light was on so I made a quick stop in the blizzzzard to get some gas. Then to my suprise...my car would not start...it is only an 2006 so not that old. I could have screamed. So here I am stuck in the snowy blizard at a gas pump on 17th with a dead battery or something. Both Jake and my dad were working at this time so I had to pull my dad out of work...bless his heart...to come rescue me. It was so nice of him. He waited patiently with me for some jumper cables to get the car to my mom's. Today I am borrowing one of her extra cars....thanks MOM! Love you! so that my life can carry on as usual. It would have been much better had it not been freezing and snowing...that was the icing on the cake last night. Oh well...new day right...just can't wait to get my car back and running.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You did a great job on your cake! Thank goodness for dad's right. Hopefully, you will get your car back soon.
Jenny said…
The cake looks good. A lot better than me would look like. You've seen me paint, so you can imagine. Anyway, I don't miss that part of Idaho. We don't have blizzards in Atlanta. Just tornadoes and pollen clouds.
Brittany said…
Your cake is adorable! So talented! I hope you get your car back soon - I don't know why I live in Idaho! Stupid snow :)
Unknown said…
Hay- Your cake looks good. Isn't it so much fun. I can't wait for Fall when my class starts up again. You will be so happy you took this class especially for your family and friends I am decorating two cakes currently for showers coming up...you will have everyone asking you to bake so get ready:)
Anonymous said…
Hi, thanks for writing! i would love to attach your page with mine if that's okay. ya the hike was awesome, if you and jackob every want a day out of town you should go, it's an awesome time. Jess

Popular posts from this blog

Character Dinner Disneyworld

Maycie's Blessing Day/Mother's Day